The Butcher's Block
The Butcher’s Block is accepting applications for a full-time Deli Clerk.
Teamwork is the key to success in our store, where our associates work together to take orders accurately, prepare fresh meals quickly, and serve customers with a smile. Deli Clerks are devoted to providing the best customer service and the highest product quality possible. Without them, our store wouldn't be able to provide freshly prepared ready to eat meals and salads to our customers.
**Apply in person please**
A Deli Clerk's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Update displays, cases and other customer-facing areas to ensure new items and promotions are showcased
Ensure work areas are ready to service customers by cleaning surfaces, equipment, and floors, removing trash and confirming that tools are in working order
Follow all food safety and sanitation procedures and standards
Works well with team members to guarantee customer satisfaction
• Greet customers in a timely manner and responding to questions
• Maintaining Butcher's Block high standards for product freshness and sanitation
• Dynamically sell products by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions
• Selecting and packaging products ordered by customers
• Filling, maintaining and rotating products and displays
• Preparing special orders
• Operate cash registers, meat and cheese slicers, oven, microwave, cutting tools, scale, and other Deli equipment
• Assisting in other duties, as assigned
The required qualifications are as follows:
• 18 years of age or older
• Able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
• Able to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
The preferred qualifications are as follows:
• Food preparation experience
• Able to work well with others as a team member
• Previous deli experience
• A passion for serving people
• Some wine knowledge (not required)
A Deli Clerk's duties are performed primarily in the Deli department. Work includes walking, standing for prolonged periods, and lifting products weighing up to 25 pounds. Duties also include frequent interaction with customers and associates. Employees will need to be able to work Monday through Saturday, and some holidays.
Resumes must be submitted in person.